Orthokeratology (also referred to as Ortho-K, Overnight Vision Correction, Corneal Refractive Therapy and EyeDream), is the gas permeable contact lenses that temporarily reshape the cornea to reduce shortsightedness; a condition of the eye where the light that comes in does not directly focus on the retina but in front of it. This causes the image that one sees when looking at a distant object to be out of focus, but in focus when looking at a close object.
Orthokeratology is a method that can be used as an alternative to eyeglasses, refractive surgery, or for those who prefer not to wear contact lenses during the day and Earlam and Christopher are pleased to one stockist and specialist with an orthokeratology product called Eye Dream.
What is EyeDream?
Eye Dream is a vision therapy that brings a modern approach to orthokeratology. Eye Dream provides clear, comfortable vision without the need to wear contact lenses during the day. No more restrictions on how long you wear your lenses, no more irritation in dry, smoky environments or at the end of a long day.
EyeDream is ideal for low-mid short sighted people who:
Watch EyeDream Videos
- Want clear natural vision all day – every day
- Find soft contact lenses do not fulfill the comfort demands their life-style places on their eyes
- Are involved in recreational and sports activities where periods without wearing contact lenses is ideal
- Have considered refractive surgery because of the freedom it provides, but are worried about the risks
So how is this possible?
Very simply, Eye Dream is a specially designed contact lens that reverses the power of the cornea, at the front of the eye during overnight wear. Once the full effect has taken place, the eye is effectively ‘normal’ and can see clearly during the day.
With EyeDream you will benefit from:
Make an Apppointment
- Freedom from contact lenses and glasses during the day
- Very easy adaptation, only overnight lens wear required
- A comfortable, semi-permanent alternative for the correction of short sightedness
- A safe and reversible vision correction therapy without surgery